[RTTY] Emergency JT-65 Frequency?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Emergency JT-65 Frequency?
From: Gary McAdams <g.m.mcadams@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:29:36 -0800
All this stuff about JT modes is misplaced is it not?

I don't speak for anyone but my self, but the original message from Jerry W4UK said:

QUOTE:

So there I was, enjoying a nice run in the RU on about 14.133 at 23:54 or so and all of a sudden a station that did not ID itself told me "FREQUENCY IN USE BY NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EMERGENCY NETWORK PLS MOVE TO ANOTHER FREQ THX".

Jerry W4UK

UNQUOTE.

So all this blather about JT-65 is just so much noise. 14.133 is not a "Digital Exclusive" slice of spectrum is it? It is not an allocation for US phone but ARRL says that 14.1005 to 14.115 is for "automatically controlled" stations like packet.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/conop.pdf

So why all the hair shirts whining about JT-65? I work JT from time to time and it is a strange little mode. But the original post was about the unidentified station warning him off a so-called "emergency net" on 14.133.

Talk about thread drift!

73 Gary