Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)

To: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 19:35:26 -0500
 >  Speaking of "whatever happened to ..." ... is there a good digital
  > band-plan?  I tend not to use the one from the ARRL as it is often
  > out-of-date and/or optimistic.  ;-)

One thing to keep in mind about band plans is that they are designed for
NORMAL band loading.  Day to day activity so folks who have a particular
interest can find each other.  During a contest, that idea does not work
well.  Consider that there may be a few dozen folks on RTTY any given day
during "normal" operations, then a contest comes along like the RU, and
thousands of folks show up.  Operations expand up and down the band to
accommodate the extra activity for the duration of the contest, and we are
still able to find folks to work.  When the contest is over, things get
back to normal.

Tom - VE3CX