Re: [RTTY] Roundup observations - a bit long!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Roundup observations - a bit long!
From: "John Webster" <k1fwe@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 19:02:00 -0500
"The overall appearance of a lack of DX in the Roundup still amazes me. If this
had been WPX or CQWW, 10 and 15 meters would have
been wall-to-wall Europe starting here at 1300Z and probably going well past
2000Z with the high flux we had. That doesn't happen in
Roundup. Or least that doesn't happen here during Roundup."Don - I agree.
Personally, I think the rules/awards don't give DX much incentive to get into
this one nor do they give US stations muchincentive to work DX, particularly on
80 and 10. I usually can't do much in this contest due to its proximity to the
holidays, but that's just me. This year was no exception.JohnNN1SS (ex K1FWE)