Re: [RTTY] Roundup observations - a bit long!

To: rtty contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Roundup observations - a bit long!
From: Fabi <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 14:27:24 -0500
Hi folks,

what it looks like from here in Roundup:

in year 2013: 68% US/VE  and  32% DX  -  US stations alone made up for 65% of
the log
in year 2014: 65% US/VE  and  35% DX  -  US stations alone made up for 62% of
the log

So despite much better 'propagation numbers' but not necessairly conditions
this year, only 3% more DX contacts were logged, just about 63 Qs.   In my
first attempts at RU I didn't really like it to tell you the truth because of
the very 'domestic' flavor of the contest. I was missing working the DX in good
number. In time I have learned to play the game and got to like the Roundup
very much. A different type of challange that forces me to operate differently
from oher contests. What I like the most in this contest is the fact that gives
smaller stations and players an opportunity to do good and work a bunch of
guys. Rewards are also numerous and everyone can win some kind of prize or
recognition.  The scoring chart also tends to level the field in giving
everybody a fair chance with a single pointer for working anyone anywhere.
I think the DX stations not taking part in RU are sure missing out on something
special. I hope we'll see more in the future.

73

Fabi  va2up
http://va2up.com