Re: [RTTY] Roundup observations - a bit long!

To: "Al Kozakiewicz" <akozak@hourglass.com>, "Stanley Zawrotny" <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Roundup observations - a bit long!
From: "John Webster" <k1fwe@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 20:15:42 -0500
If for example DXCC countries were to count as multipliers on each band instead of once only regardless of band, there would be more incentive for US stations to look for DX stations on all bands, thereby increasing activity on all bands that would attract DX stations. As another example, if contacts between continents were awarded two points instead of one, there would also be more incentive for US to work DX and for DX to become more active. These ideas are not new. You can see them at work in other RTTY and DX contests. RU is a bit of an anomaly in this regard I think in that the scoring structure is more like Sweep Stakes than a DX contest and yet DX is invited to participate in RU but not in SS.

John
NN1SS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Al Kozakiewicz" <akozak@hourglass.com>