Re: [RTTY] Band plan? (Re: FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Band plan? (Re: FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)
From: Kai <k.siwiak@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 14:40:42 -0500
Peter,
I see what you mean! Detailed info is pretty sparse. I did find the following "gentlemen's agreement" plan from W4CIA:
http://www.ciarc.org/downloads/*Digital*_*Mode*_Band_Plan.pdf?

It's a start, anyway!
For avoiding interference please also keep in mind HOW the listed frequencies are used. For example, both PSK and JT65 use the upper SSB bandwidth above the "dial frequency" listed. So 14.070 MHz dial frequency means "14.070 through about 14.074", and 14.076 means "14.076 through 14.080". RTTY on the other hand reports the MARK frequency, so a 14.0810 "spot" actually occupies the 250 Hz from 14.08079 to 14.08104 MHz.

73,
Kai, KE4PT