Re: [RTTY] [rckskimmer] Frequency accuracy of WZ7I RCKskimmer spots

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [rckskimmer] Frequency accuracy of WZ7I RCKskimmer spots
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:17:24 -0500 (EST)
Since mid-December I've been running a RCKskimmer and  I used it most of
the time in last weekend's RTTY Roundup.  I had  calibrated it to be as
precise as possible for my own station, but I noticed  that I could never get
it
perfect as it was often off by random  amounts.

I noticed the same thing during the contest.  My spots  were closer than
WZ7I's but often they still weren't as accurate as I hoped and  they varied
randomly.

I didn't take time during the contest to study the  problem.  I was too
busy having fun.  And I've not looked into it  since.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 1/10/2014 18:24:47 Coordinated Universal Time,