Re: [RTTY] [rckskimmer] Frequency accuracy of WZ7I RCKskimmer spots

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [rckskimmer] Frequency accuracy of WZ7I RCKskimmer spots
From: Mark <n2qt@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:40:32 -0500
Remember this is still way better than the accuracy of spots made by folks
using afsk
and not adjusting for that offset!

We have become a bit spoiled by the performance of the CWskimmer, but don't
forget
there were also initial problems there as well.

If you are particularly analytic you can down load all the spots made of you
during a particular
contest per the information at the RBN by using the process at

http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/2013/12/finding-your-spots.html

You can then compare those spots to what is recorded in your log.

Mark. N2QT
My own rckskimmer experiment during RU failed when it died about 10 minutes in.
(A non skimmer related pc issue).