Re: [RTTY] TS2000 and AFSK

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TS2000 and AFSK
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 20:06:11 -0500

> That's not my understanding of the manuals description of the pinouts.

You have had two other TS-2000 users tell you that your understanding
is wrong.  I support and distribute one of the most popular digital
interfaces and know how it must be connected to the TS-2000 in order
to work.  After all the units in the field, I can tell you, pin 9
(PKS) select input audio on pin 11 (PKD) and pin 13 (SS) only allows
audio input from the mic connector.

> And yes, the rig is being keyed on pin 13 and not by CAT.

That *will not work* with audio on pin 11.

Either I have a rig config problem or I have a bad ACC2 jack or
something internally wrong with the rig.

There are two possibilities: 1) it is possible to plug a 13 pin
DIN plug in *upside down* (rotated 180 degrees) and nothing will
work.  2) the TS-2000 has a *menu setting* to control input level
from Pin 11 - perhaps that is turned down too far.  Check Menu 50B
and make sure it is set to 4 (default).  Also make sure you have
Menu 50F set properly to accept audio from an *external TNC*.  I
Also recommend the 1200 baud settings where they exist.

All of the details are on page 50 or your transceiver's Instruction
Manual (Menu settings are on page 24).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV