Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 09:50:29 -0600
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Bato, Andras <bato@starjan.hu> wrote:

> There is no use of these DXpeditions at all!

What?  No!  They generate entity credits!  :-)

Aside from not actually being able to work them from N5UWY, this isn't
much different than some of the other big ones.  Split isn't the
problem - it means you don't have to hear the hordes.  Leaderboards,
OTOH, I think might have something to do with it.  Maybe DXpeditions
should only confirm that a station's call is in the log, no mode, no
band.  Then ops know if they got the entity or not.

Got a card the other day (VIA BURO) from a DXpedition where the QSO
info was in the form of a leaderboard, which I thought was cool,
actually.

I did see FT5ZM refusing to work dupes on RTTY, which I appreciated.
Might be nice if they set up their loggers to show calls as
once-per-band-or-mode dupes for the first few days to discourage the
not-so-deserving from trying to be the first to "get all the
greenies".