Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo
From: "K0RC - Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 23:17:32 -0600
When I pushed the 20m button on my radio this afternoon, I thought I had missed an announcement for a new CQWW RTTY DX contest. There was wall-to-wall activity from 14080 up into 14120 territory! It seems to be a great use of an otherwise dead part of the spectrum.

I worked FT5ZM within the first 30 minutes with my call sign. I am also one of the W1AW/0 operators and thought I would see if I could get through with the Centennial call sign. Hah! Three hours later I still did not get a contact. I am using the same equipment, same antennas, same operator, and same techniques... it's only a different call sign. I am convinced there IS some "luck" in getting into their log!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick" <RickPalio@att.net>