[RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 12:27:21 -0600
I worked them on 15 meter RTTY this morning on the second call.  That would
have been impossible on 20 meters, from what I've read.  I won't spend three
hours trying to work the DXpedition the first days of their operation.  Unless
a Tusami is predicted, they will be begging for contacts toward the end of the
operation.

Once the cat is out of the bag, I don't think you can drop the Leaderboard.  It
is too popular.  I'm not interested in my position on the board.  I do like to
work new countries for mode and band slots.  I have 337 countries.  Band and
mode slots are important to me, while I wait for the final three to come on the
air.

My only complaint with DXpeditions is the excessive split.  I can understand
the anger from many hams that have their QSO ruined by CW or SSB signals wiping
out most of the spectrum.

Good luck to those who need FT5ZM on RTTY.  HINT:  Avoid 20 meters.  HI!

73,

Tom W8JWN

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan