Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 FAQ posted

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 FAQ posted
From: Kai <k.siwiak@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:08:01 -0500
Don,
This may help. Here are a couple of FAQ's they did not ask, here they are with my answers.

"What is the current limitation on bandwidth of digital emission (except two-tone RTTY) at MF and HF?"
The answer is:
What is permitted today with no changes in the regs, is digital signals (except two-tone RTTY) with the following bandwidths:
160m - 200 kHz BW
 80 m  - 100 kHzBW
 60m  - 2.8 kHzBW [confined to the center of the channels, including two tone
RTTY]
 40 m - 125 kHzBW
 30 m - 50 kHzBW
 20 m - 150 kHzBW
 17 m - 42 kHzBW
 15 m - 200 kHzBW
 12 m - 40 kHzBW
 10 m - 300 kHzBW

The above are slightly lower for non-Extra class licensees in some bands.

"What is the bandwidth limitation on two-tone RTTY today?"
All MF and HF bands: 1.5 kHz, except 60 m channels where 2.8 kHz is permitted for all including RTTY.

"What is the data bandwidth limitation asked for in RM-11802?"
All MF and HF bands, all digital data emissions, including RTTY, limited to 2.8 kHz.

In the MF and HF phone bands there are likewise no statutory BW limitations, but the widest that I know off is D-Star digital voice which occupies about 6 kHz, and good 'ole AM - also 6 kHz.

That's it. That's all there is.

73
Kai, KE4PT