Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 FAQ posted

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 FAQ posted
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:47:15 -0800 (PST)
I don't understand this one:

        * Shouldn’t 2.8 kilohertz bandwidth data emissions be restricted to the
band segments where phone and image communications are permitted?-
While some commenters have argued for that, it is far beyond the scope of the
ARRL petition. It would require a complete reordering of the regulatory scheme
for the HF bands which would be controversial, to say the least.

I don't understand the part about having to completely reorder the regulatory
scheme. That sounds like a bunch of malarkey.

And are they trying to say the current proposal is not already controversial
enough?

Don AA5AU