Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 FAQ posted

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 FAQ posted
From: Kai <k.siwiak@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:53:34 -0500
Ron,
Answer:
Wide bandwidths are not prohibited under today's rules. Bandwidths of up to 200 kHz depending on the MF-HF ham band (300 kHz at 10m band) are *permitted* today in the digital sections of our bands. Under RM-11708 there would be a limit of 2.8 kHz, a massive DECREASE in the allowed BW for Data/Digital modes.

Band plans like we have already, and courteous operation (like most of the RTTY community) are very good ideas.

73
Kai, KE4PT