Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 Vision of the future

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708 Vision of the future
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:10:26 -0700
Okay, I would suggest hitting the delete key, however, why are these updates necessary? Why are these regulations outdated? Gross generalization that is not proven in any facts. There is nothing holding back experimentation. In fact these changes are unduely and on purpose restrictive. Why a 2.8 kHz limit? Oh, the ARRL doesn't want spread spectrum but does want antique military modes (anything that fits in 2.8 kHz is an antique mode like 110A/B which done on a soundcard barely works as good as amateur modes.

Hardware. Most manufactures like SCS, Hal Communications and others sell most of their equipment in either 3rd party countries for HF use or to a very small minority of users in the U.S. How many RMS stations are there that will run Pactor IV ? 100??

Jay