[RTTY] RTTY NCCC Sprint continues on Thursday (in NA), 15-80m

To: rtty@contesting.com, nccc@contesting.com, nccc-blue@kkn.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY NCCC Sprint continues on Thursday (in NA), 15-80m
From: Ken Keeler <kenkeeler@jazznut.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:30:01 -0700
This week we continue the NS Ladder format practice sessions.
Don't forget, starting time is one hour later, now that we're on Daylight Savings time.

A 25 minute RTTY sprint practice will be held on Thursday night, half an hour before the CW NS: 0200 to 0225+Z March 20 (go to 0230 if you don't need time to set up for CW NS; Thursday night in NA, 7:00-7:25 PM PDT, 10 PM EDT, etc.

There are two main differences between the NCCC Sprints and NA Sprint:
In NS, power is limited to 100w, and mults count on all bands, no dupes (both formats).

For this upcoming RY practice, use 15, 20, 40, 80m; up 80-90 Khz. from the bottom of the band.

These practices are for all operators. People new to sprints can get familiar with the exchange format and QSY rule,
 experienced CW sprinters can learn to sprint in a new mode.
RTTY contesters can try out the newly popular 2Tone decoder and optimize your station setup.

You need two different messages in sprint, one when acquiring a frequency: N6TR 245 KEN CA N6RO;
in a different order when vacating the freq.:  N8EA N6RO 246 KEN CA.
This let's others know who is acquiring the freq.

NS rules at: http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.html
These apply for the RTTY practice sprints.
More information on RTTY contesting can be found at:
<http://rttycontesting.com/lagniappe/rttysprint-n6ro.html>http://rttycontesting.com/

My short article "Secrets of RTTY Sprinting" is at: http://rttycontesting.com/lagniappe/rttysprint-n6ro.html

If you would like macros for sprints, I would be glad to send you mine for N1MM. Writelog macros by AA5AU are his website: <http://rttycontesting.com/lagniappe/rttysprint-n6ro.html>http://rttycontesting.com/

W0YK publishes a column on RTTY contesting in each issue of the NCJ. The May-June issue will feature a detailed article on how to do the RTTY Sprint and WHY we use the now-accepted message formats.

Thanks to WA7BNM/N7WA for providing the 3830 score reporting each week.

If you want the Sprint RTTY practices to continue, vote by showing up each Thursday.
Watch for weekly announcements, we may change the times later in the spring.

The NCCC SSB net meets at 0300Z, right after the CW NS, near 3610 +/- QRM;
We discuss the night's sprint activity, share strategies, dinner menus, wine preferences, etc.

73,  N6RO, Thursday Night Diddler!