Re: [RTTY] Comments on ARRL Centennial QSO Party

To: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Comments on ARRL Centennial QSO Party
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:20:53 -0500
On Apr 12, 2014, at 1:56 PM, Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has there been much clamoring for PSK contacts? If so, what is the best
> pileup-handling tool for PSK?
>
> I can do PSK when I operate W1AW/7, if I have to. ;) 73 jeff wk6i
>
> --
> Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com

Hi Jeff,

I have worked a number of W1AW/P stations in PSK-31 and PSK-63 modes. It is
best to just treat it like you would RTTY.  If you have a pile-up, go split but
keep the exchanges short and do send their call more than one time. The problem
with PSK-31 and some people will send their life story with macro button. Most
of the people working the QSO Party will keep it short.

In the old days we used to go to CW when conditions got bad. Today PSK-31 seems
to get through better than CW under certain conditions.  Try it some and see
how it works out. I have even heard PSK-31 on 160.

73 Dick AA5VU