Re: [RTTY] RTTY ARRL Centennial Operation

To: "RTTY Contesting" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY ARRL Centennial Operation
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 04:45:40 -0400
Mike, K4GMH wrote: "Yes, that was me operating SO2R on 15 and 10 meters interlacing QSOs at the same time using the "...UP2...".

I found it to be more efficient to only use "UP" instead of "UP2", as it spread the callers out. Especially, early on, when the pileups were much greater. Depending on the band and activity, I kept it between 1-3, and only a few times did I have to specify an area to allow them to "get through". I think ARRL did a disservice, what else is new, by making band/mode contacts public prior to the end of the operation. I saw several emails to our coordination almost demanding a specific band/mode. I relate this to the DX Hogs that try to fill every band/mode slot, regardless of the needs of others, and then crow about it to any/all that will listen.
C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

Since I don't have an iPad or iPhone, sent from my PC