[RTTY] HAL DSR3100

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] HAL DSR3100
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:41:41 -0500
I've been contacted by a well-known novelist, who is writing a spy novel and is
thinking about including a DSR3100. He asked me how
the HAL DSR3100 terminal interfaces with an HF radio and I don't know. Also,
how is this unit powered?

If anyone knows, please reply to me directly or via the group if you like.

Also, he is looking for information on terminal units of the 1990's as well. I
can think of the Kantronics KAM and AEA PK-232 as
being in the time frame (maybe earlier). What HAL units were available in the
90s? Because of the location, I might think a European
or Asian TU might be in order. What European or Asian TU is from that era?

Thanks,
Don AA5AU