Re: [RTTY] 4-port serial card for Windows 8.1 results

To: "'Dave Greig'" <daven3buo@gmail.com>, "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 4-port serial card for Windows 8.1 results
From: "Tom Magarelli" <wa2pni@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:16:27 -0400
I have been looking at this thread and I know I had purchased a Serial
Adapter

cable that went from USB 2.0 to two male serial connections.

It was recommended to me that it does work well,

I cannot confirm because I have not tried it yet. I have not had a need to
use it,

plus my mother board does have a serial header. I purchased for possible
future needs.

It is a Micro Connections product. Purchased on Amazon

On the package it says the CD includes drivers for Win7 - Win 8 - Vista - XP
and Mac

Here is a link:

Adapter Cable
<http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connectors-Serial-Adapter-E07-162/dp/B0032325LE
/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1398438412&sr=8-10&keywords=usb+to+serial+port+adap
tor>

I just thought it was easier than installing a board. Just another thought
or possibility.

Tom - WA2PNI