Re: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC Startup date?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY DXCC Startup date?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:09:28 -0400

1945 is the correct start date.  From the DXCC Rules:

d) RTTY: Contacts must be made using radioteletype since November 15,
1945. (Baudot, ASCII, AMTOR, PSK, packet and other digital modes
count towards RTTY.) Confirmations for cross-mode contacts for this
award must be dated September 30, 1981, or earlier.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV