Re: [RTTY] [DFWcontest] Please forward this far and wide, its important

To: "Terry" <ab5k@hotmail.com>, <DFWcontest@yahoogroups.com>, <ctdxcc@kkn.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [DFWcontest] Please forward this far and wide, its important if you care about CW and RTTY
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 12:04:01 -0500
The leagues "experimentation" argument is completely without support. ZERO. Why?

1. The rest of the ham world (for the most part) has no 300 baud limit.

2. If there were theoretical modes of interest as the leagues suggests, which could not be utilized in the US due to the arcane and outdated 300 baud limit, this experimentation would take place in other region.

3. But excluding two areas (digital voice and high-throughput stuff like the email guys are wanting), all of the modes which have gained interest of the ham community are weak signal, very narrow band stuff like the PSK and JT65 variants.

I will concede that there is one possible counter to this line of reasoning - which is that the experimentation could only be done in the US. But the league is surely not suggesting that, are they?

The lack of interesting modes being promoted in regions without the 300 baud limit proves that once you get away from the email-over-hf guys' interest with wideband modes (P4) - and if you don't include the DV stuff - then what you are left with on the development interests which are weak signal and narrow band in orientation.

Then again, I don't support 11708 which (according to the ARRL) means I'm not educated, or at least misunderstand the essence of the League's brilliant proposal.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Terry