Re: [RTTY] RM-11708

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RM-11708
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 21:51:21 -0700
Hi Joe

I think the FCC just don't give a crap any more. I see in QST where they once in a while punish someone for interference, but it is always some repeater somewhere that is being interfered with.

Here on the left coast we have a problem on 3840 of stations playing music, dropping the 'F' bomb all the time, jamming, and it has been going on for a long, long time with nobody ever getting cited.

You would think all they would have to do is turn their radio on a listen, but guess that is too much trouble for the FCC. 73
Tom W7WHY

File it with the FCC at FCCham@fcc.gov or call (717) 338-2577 (see:
http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/AmaCmpl.html) and specify the RMBS station
listed as guarding the frequency in the WinLink RMBS Frequency list
here: http://www2.winlink.org:8081/GatewayChannels.aspx

On 7,062 the interfering RMBS (PACTOR robot) was likely N0IA on 7063.9
(center frequency) in Deltona, FL.  On 10,130 the interfering RMBS could
have been N0IA on 10,133.9 or KN6KB on 10,131.5 from Rockledge, FL.

Without a human readable ID, it is entirely valid to identify the
potentially interfering station by frequency against the published
schedule of operating frequencies and times.

For general information, N0IA is also the *LID* who regularly QRMs
RTTY DX on 18106.2 while KB6BT in Portland, OR is listed on 18108.

I recommend that *anyone* receiving interference from PACTOR RMBS
operations - whether it be to RTTY, JT65, JT9, PSK31/63 or split
phone operations on 40 meters - file a complaint requesting that
the FCC monitoring service and Enforcement Bureau investigate and
determine if these RMBS operations are engaging in "Prohibited
Transmissions" as defined by §97.113(a)(5) "Communications, on a
regular basis, which could reasonably be furnished alternatively
through other radio services."  The frequency and volume of Winlink
RMBS activity and published schedules would seem to put them in the
"on a regular basis" category and there are companies and organizations
like: INMARSAT, Globalstar, Intellisat Services, SailMail, XGate,
Global Marine Networks, OCENS, ShipCom, Global Xpress, KKL Radio,
AugTec and CruiseEmail all providing equivalent alternate service
in other radio services.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV