Re: [RTTY] 2 tone vs MMTTY

To: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "rtty reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2 tone vs MMTTY
From: "John GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:02:29 +0100
I have been running MMTTY and 2Tone side by side in contests for a while. Using the standard profiles/setups, 2Tone has consistently out-performed MMTTY on 10/15/20M. Often a misprinted word on MMTTY will be perfect on 2Tone; rarely will MMTTY be better. On 40 and 80 I don't see much difference.

Equipment is usually an FT1000D using 250 or 500 Hz filters. The results might be different with wide open filters, leaving the software to sort out the mess, but I don't have the confidence to try that just yet!

Cheers,

John GW4SKA

----- Original Message ----- From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>