Re: [RTTY] Fw: 2014 Spectrum Defense Needs You!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fw: 2014 Spectrum Defense Needs You!
From: "F.R. Ashley" <gdadx2@centurylink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 22:26:49 -0400
Sounds great to me Gary

Buddy Wb4M

This is a heaping plate full of chutzpah! From my perspective the biggest threats to amateur band spectrum today are ARRL, K1ZZ, the ARRL Board, Winlink users and RM-11708. I’m thinking seriously about the following reply.

“Dear Clarke,

Thanks for your reminder about making a contribution to the ARRL Spectrum Defense Fund. I really take to heart your comment that, “We must continue to be vigilant and keep our frequencies safe from threats and ongoing assaults from commercial pressures.”

With that thought in mind, I look forward to making a significant contribution to the ARRL Spectrum Defense Fund as soon as ARRL petitions the FCC to rescind its misbegotten and ill-conceived RM-11708 proposal. Failing such action on the part of ARRL I see no reason to support the chief threat to Amateur Radio Spectrum usage, the ARRL itself.

Sincerely,
Gary Senesac AL9A
ARRL Life Member – CW, RTTY and PSK narrow sub-band user who will be clobbered should this horrendous proposal be approved.”
Any thoughts?
73,
Gary AL9A