Re: [RTTY] TTL from the ST-6000

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TTL from the ST-6000
From: Richard Schumann <richardschumann@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:14:12 -0700
Hi Tom,

I have both the ST-6000 and CP-100 here and would be interested hearing how that is done when you get a reply.

Keep in the loop and tnx OM!

Richard kn7sfz

On 9/24/2014 14:20, THOMAS L GUNTZEL wrote:
About 30 years ago I had a HAL ST-6000 that I had setup to output TTL signals
that I then feed into an AEA CP-100 and/or a Tono 5000.  It was a slick set up
that did an excellent job many times getting copy that nearby friends did not
get.

I would like to redo that setup.  I have the equipment but I do not remember
how to set up the ST-6000.  I know it was easy.  If I remember right all I had
to do was change a few jumpers on the 15 pin accessory plug.  I then took the
output from one of the 3 pin connectors and I had a diode bridge between the
two pins.  That was all there was too it.  I have looked through the manual of
the ST-6000 but have not even seen a reference to TTL.

I have searched the internet for a solution and have found many schemes to use
RS-232 into a pk232 or other type modem but that is not what I want to do.

If anyone knows how to do what I am talking about I would appreciate the help,

Thanks
Tom Guntzel
K0TLG   ( formely KE0KB)