Re: [RTTY] Writelog and dxp38

To: "'THOMAS L GUNTZEL'" <tom.guntzel@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Writelog and dxp38
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:34:00 -0800
Is the DXP38 RX LED lit when you are using it with WriteLog?  If not, use
the DXPWin 3.0 utility to reset the DSP38 into receive mode.  DXPWin can be
downloaded from the Hal website.

Sometimes with WriteLog, the DXP38 gets set out of RX mode.

Ed W0YK

Tom K0TLG wrote:

I recently picked up a used DXP38 and I want to use it with Writelog.

I am unable to get it to work with Writelog and I was wondering if anyone
could help out.

I am using the latest version of Writelog, Windows 7 and a USB to serial
adaptor.

It works with N1mm as far as receive goes and it does switch to transmit as
well so I am assuming there is nothing wrong with the communications.

I have selected the proper comm port on Writelog as well as selecting the
DXP38 as the TU. I have also set the speed in write log.ini to 9600 but that
is the only change I made to the ini.

There must be something else I have to do but I don't know what that is.

Can anyone help?