Re: [RTTY] RTTY Tx options - advice requested

To: "'Dave Hachadorian'" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Tx options - advice requested
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 18:17:41 -0000
Dave

You are using a K3. I tried to overdrive my K3 by turning all the "knobs to
the right" on the K3 and the PC sound card. I then listened on my other K3
and I could not hear any audio harmonics at all on the transmitted signal.
This was with the 2Tone AFSK filter off. I always use 1275/1445Hz tone pair.

Conclusion just use the tone pair you want to with the K3. But better not to
have all the knobs to the right.

By the way I also always use VOX with the delay turned down to the minimum.
This saves having to fiddle around with a PTT line.

73 David G3YYD