[RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Freq

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Freq
From: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:15:06 -0500
I heard a guy during the W1AW event complaining that there is no SSB permitted above 7280. He said 7280 and above is reserved for AMer's. Really? I guess I am also expected to know every NET freq and time? Many of those folks feel they own those freqs also during their daily nets. I would certainly move if they fired up for their net, but a friendly request out weighs a lecture on my lack of knowledge that the "Young Farts Net" is on here every day. Yet when we received 60m and it was channelized everybody was up in arms. You cannot have it both ways.

If you are transmitting a mode that I cannot hear without software then maybe you need to modify that mode to make sure people know you are there. Leaving 10khz of bandwidth unused is ridiculous just because somebody MAY be there.

Always remember just because you hear someone QRMing another signal does not always mean the QRMer is hearing him also. He may not be.

The FCC rules are very clear about bands segments and modes and that is really all that matters.

Rich
K3RWN