Re: [RTTY] Contest QRMing of other digimodes

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest QRMing of other digimodes
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 16:23:43 -0600
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Dave Barr <recordupe@verizon.net> wrote:

> Yes, there has been operation close to the upper limits, but never without
> very wide gaps below those top qrgs.   Very easy to avoid psk and jt's
> without compromising room to operate.
>
> It would be very interesting to see a list of what frequencies the top
> scorers run on, as well as a frequency distribution chart incorporating data
> from all contest logs that do report actual qso qrgs.

I only have a 10 m dipole up right now (and a WARC trap dipole that I
probably could have loaded ..) so I was only on that band.  Cabrillo
rounds your frequency so there is, in reality, more variation than
shows here, but regardless ... when I wasn't running on 28111.75 (yes,
that's why I chose it) I never heard anyone much higher than 28117.
Well, no one I could work.  Yep, there's still another 183 kHz, but
ain't no body there.  So you can make the argument, in fact I will,
that the other modes have plenty of room to spread out but don't.

done
28080 MHz: 2
28081 MHz: 3
28082 MHz: 2