[RTTY] RTTY bandplan & JT65

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY bandplan & JT65
From: Rich Josephson via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 23:44:09 +0000 (UTC)
I could really use a change of topic.  BUT, before that, I have one
comment. Just do a google search for "RTTY Bandplan Contest".  One of the top
results will be ARRL Bandplan page http://www.arrl.org/band-planWould you say
an operator using this as a reference would be "good to go"?  Did you look it
up - did you see the JT65 frequencies - no - how can that be?  What's a
reasonable effort to avoid interfering with someone.     I keep a list for each
contest I operate with frequencies to avoid (beacons and other modes) and JA
frequencies.  I also have a band scope so I can see what's on a frequency (or
adjacent) before calling CQ.  Of course not all modes will show up but at least
I make an effort.  Since I don't have a super station or am a super operator, I
usually call CQ up the band a ways - and fortunately (it seems) not on any JT65
frequencies.   Maybe this topic could be put to rest and before the next
contest someone could (in a pleasant tone) remind people of frequencies to
avoid during RTTY RU. Richw0elt