Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 12:15:18 -0700

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:51:14 +0100, you wrote:

>Exactly. And if you are still bored, get rid of the prefills and actually
>enter what the other guy sent. You will end up with a much more accurate
>log, less points lost and better skills as a contester.
>
>John GW4SKA

REPLY:

John, you don't seem to get what I was saying.  I agree completely
about accurately copying what the other guy sent and improving one's
contesting skills. No argument there.

But why does the exchange itself have to be so non-interesting? Who
cares what UTC time the other guy's computer is set to? We all have
our own clocks, don't we? I KNOW what time it is.

So why not send something which requires skill just like copying UTC
but which also adds something interesting?  Even sending the local
time would be of mild interest, wouldn't it?  Same skill, a bit more
interest to see what time it is in Indonesia or Japan or Kenya, don't
you think?

Just trying to liven it up a bit.

73, Bill W6WRT