Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results
From: "John GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:03:18 +0100
Bill,

I get what you are saying and agree that time is boring. It's not telling anyone what time of day it happens to be though; it's just another bit of data to accurately log and it can't be looked up and checked afterwards.

If I was writing the rules now it might be different. As it's been the same for 48 years maybe it's not too bad (and changing it would really cause some problems!).
The local time idea is fascinating ..........

Cheers,
John GW4SKA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>