Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

To: ska@bartg.org.uk, dezrat@outlook.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results
From: "Kermit \(aka Ken\) via RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:18:47 -0400
I like the idea of local 24 hour time.  I don't know if that's  supported
by loggers.  Never thought about it before.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 4/16/2015 21:02:40 GMT Standard Time, ska@bartg.org.uk
writes:

Bill,

I get what you are saying and agree that time is  boring. It's not telling
anyone what time of day it happens to be though;  it's just another bit of
data to accurately log and it can't be looked up  and checked afterwards.

If I was writing the rules now it might be  different.  As it's been the
same
for 48 years maybe it's not too bad  (and changing it would really cause
some
problems!).
The local time  idea is fascinating ..........

Cheers,
John  GW4SKA