Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 15:51:20 -0500
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com> wrote:
> ------------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ------------(may be snipped)
>
> On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 15:30:28 -0500, N5UWY wrote:
>
>>I'd be against that.  Makrothen already uses grids and ... QSO Party
>>uses names?  Exchanging time is hard and, apparently, above the
>>abilities of some.  Which makes it a good exchange.
>
> REPLY:
>
> Many contests use serial numbers. Are you saying there should be only
> one contest with serial numbers?

No, no.  Put them all in all contests!  I *like* the November
Sweepstakes exchange.  I just don't want to see time taken out because
"it's too hard".  I wouldn't want the WAE folks to take out QTCs,
either, just because I haven't got the hang of it.

I realize that there are many hams who can barely exchange callsigns,
but there needs to be more challenge than what's required by
regulation.

If you REALLY want to take stuff out, get rid of RST ... which BARTG
already has.