[RTTY] North American QSO Party, RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] North American QSO Party, RTTY
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 09:26:31 -0700
There had been some talk in the past about allowing the use of amplifiers in the NAQP RTTY test since lots of radios can't run 100 watts key down for long periods of time.

I know my TS-450's won't run 100 watts continuously on RTTY so I have the choice of running higher power and take a chance of frying the radio or doing what the manual says and run 40 - 45 watts. Yeah I know - buy new radios. Not gonna happen :-)

With all the 200 and 400 watt radios out there, this rule seems moot. Is someone with a 200 or 400 watt radio less likely to cheat than someone with an amp set to 100 watts? Just curious about the rationale for the rule. 73
Tom W7WHY