Re: [RTTY] North American QSO Party, RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] North American QSO Party, RTTY
From: steve <sm.shearer.01@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:14:01 -0400
I like the "no external amplifiers capable of more than 100 W output." rule.

If I were running my 40 Watt (RTTY) rig, like a IC-706, and an external amp like my 30L-1 at 100 watts, I doubt I could be SURE I would not exceed that 100 Watts. It most likely would exceed 100 watts.

I have an Orion that WILL do 100W, key down, just for RTTY... I may even run QRP. And yes, a QRP rig with an external 100 Watt amp is the "same" as my 100 Watt Orion. If you look at the Orion, it has a 100 Watt amplifier "stuck" on the back of the radio (and a fan attachment makes it key down).

Keep the rule "no external amplifiers capable of more than 100 W output." I also like that all NAQP contests are "low" power...

73, steve WB3LGC