Re: [RTTY] Tinyfsk, 2Tone and USOS

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Tinyfsk, 2Tone and USOS
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 19:14:36 -0000
Chuck

2Tone sends ITA5 characters that have a ITA2 translation to TinyFSK (&
rpiFSK same interface). All characters that do not have a ITA2 equivalent
are ignored. The USOS is part of the TinyFSK in this case

The distant end needs to turn on USOS as the vast majority of RTTY users
have USOS on.

2Tone has USOS turned on for RX and FSK/AFSK/DOOK TX. There is no way to
turn it off either. Deliberate policy on my part to ensure USOS is used as
it significantly reduces the chance of being int he wrong shift.

73 David G3YYD