Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands
From: Gary Senesac <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 19:25:00 -0800
Jerry,

I think you're a WriteLog user.  If so that would explain why you don't see
lines jumping up the screen.  Wayne W5XD was very clever in his programming of
the Rttyrite window - analogous to the DI window for you N1MM users.  Instead
of lines of text scrolling up the screen, WriteLog users see a red line
progressing down the screen.  The red line is the decode line and all
previously decoded text remains visible on the screen until the red line hits
the bottom of the screen.  At that point it jumps back to the top of the screen
and overwrites old text previously decoded with the new incoming text.  No text
vanishes from the screen until it is overwritten. So there are no scrolling
lines that disappear before you can click on something.

Gary AL9A
Sent from my Kindle HDX

On September 30, 2015, at 4:34 PM, Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>