Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands
From: Gary Senesac <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:21:36 -0800
Dave,

I think the CQ on the end serves two purposes.  First, if a S&P station tunes
across a signal and misses the opening CQ he has no way of telling if this
station is calling CQ or just finishing working someone else. The CQ at the end
removes that doubt.  Second, I think it so a skimmer can find you sooner.  Same
reason as above.

Gary AL9A
Sent from my Kindle HDX