Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands

To: reflector RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 23:19:58 +0000 (UTC)
We have this discussion every year but here goes again. The reason I put a CQ
at the end of my CQ message is so that anyone tuning across the end of my CQ
message knows I'm calling CQ when they see CQ at the end of the message and
they don't have to wait for me to call CQ again to know whether I'm running or
S&P. If I send just:
CQ AA5AU AA5AU AA5AU then someone tunes me in toward the latter part of that
message the S&P station doesn't know. As a fan of S&P, I greatly appreciate
operators who put CQ at the end of their CQ messages.
After years of experimenting, CQ AA5AU AA5AU CQ seems to be the perfect CQ
macro for me, especially when I'm SO2R.
73, Don AA5AU