Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands

To: David G3YYD <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:02:23 -0700
I think David has the right idea, this can be handled and improved
algorithmically. And I won't be adding (more) CRLFs to my macros because
there is small incentive for me to do so.

If someone shows up on my QRG and I'm not the expected call, he might still
work me. If he tunes away I've lost nothing, he wasn't going to work me
anyway. If he starts calling the wrong call in response to my CQ, well I
have to correct him and that's the cost of doing business. (That also
happens for lots of other reasons.)

If I am S&P and operating assisted, similarly I will encounter a different
station than I was expecting, but most of the time my band map will tip me
off by showing two (or more) calls in the same slot. And besides I should
listen first before calling.

Fun discussion though! 73 jeff wk6i@W7RN

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com