Re: [RTTY] JARTS age histogram

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] JARTS age histogram
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 03:24:23 +0000 (UTC)
In 2011, I did an analysis on the ages of those competing in JARTS that year
from logs received by various operators. The most populous age group in 2011
was 60-64. So considering we are four years older now, it makes sense that the
most populous age would be 65-69. Interestingly, Hisami 7L4IOU, conducted age
analysis in 2009 from logs received in that year's contest and his analysis
showed the same age group as being most populous (60-65). However, in 2009, the
55-59 age group was close behind in second place.
This proves to me that we are getting older as a group and we are not getting
an influx of younger operators to replace us when we eventually go QRT. It's
sad, but true.
To see my analytical graph from 2011, go here:
http://rttycontesting.com/files/jarts11_01.jpg

For Hisami's graph from 2009, go here:
http://rttycontesting.com/files/jarts09_01.jpg

73, Don AA5AU