[RTTY] Some Advice Needed

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Some Advice Needed
From: "Barry Murrell ZS2EZ" <zs2ez@zs2ez.co.za>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 08:27:51 +0200
Hi All

After a lengthy absence I am starting to get organised for a return to the
airwaves, and specifically to get active on RTTY again?.

To sum up, life intervened and I sold my Kenwood TS-870 and TL-922 amp about
a year back, reducing my shack to a Yaesu FT-847 and a little RM KL-500 300W
amp (which has subsequently died).  This setup just did not work for me, and
I faded right out of radio for several months.  However in recent months my
fiancée has been encouraging me to get back into the hobby (I am a very
lucky guy!! :)  ), so I sold the FT-847 (and a whole lot of other bits and
pieces) and got myself an immaculate Kenwood TS-590S (with TCXO and VS-3
fitted), am in the process of sorting out my antennas and am shopping for an
amplifier ? and this is where I need some advice/expertise!

Being in Darkest Africa, finding such a thing with my VERY limited budget is
tricky. New amplifiers are simply out of my reach ? to put it in
perspective, at our current exchange rate my monthly disposable income
equates to around $500 (our currency has lost more than 40% in value over
the past 2 years).  This leaves me looking at something like a Yaesu
FL-2100Z?.

I can get a FL-2100Z with brand-new 572Bs, at a price around the top-end of
my budget. I am looking for advice or comment ? is this amp any good on
RTTY???

I know that it is no TL-922, but at least it will fit in my tiny shack area
? and is available here!!

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ

KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Member : SARL

EPC#0558 DMC#1690 WCC#030 30MDG#4081

DXCC(mixed)#41,146  DXCC(RTTY)#1,916

DXCC(phone)#34,990  DXCC(CW)#11,714

DXCC 40m,30m,20m,17m,15m,12m,10m

WAS Triple Play #492  WAS(RTTY)#538  WAZ(RTTY)#185  WAE-I(mixed)#72

WAZS(mixed)#214  AAA#1569

AS ZR6DXB: VUCC(50MHZ)#1,334  UKSMG WAE(Silver)#75  UKSMG AFRICA#22  WAC
(Satellite)

website :  <http://www.zs2ez.co.za/> www.zs2ez.co.za