Re: [RTTY] Bartg RTTY Spring

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Bartg RTTY Spring
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 15:09:27 -0600
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com> wrote:
> When I sign W0YK/6 in the BARTG contests, I think of the '/6' as part of the
> exchange so that stations know what area multiplier I am.  That's the reason
> BARTG requires we sign with our Call District of operation.
>
> There's nothing to be gained by going down the rathole of accusing BARTG of
> trying to govern the FCC.   ;>)

Because, as we all know, NO ONE governs the FCC!  :-D

It could be worded better:

``U.S. stations must use correct call or suffix for area of operation
as these are used as
a multiplier.''

Of course you must use your correct call!  What they mean (and should
say something like) is that your callsign's district number must
reflect your station's location and if it doesn't, you need to add a
portable identifier.

For those of you that use Logbook Of The World, be sure to request
another certificate for your "new" callsign.
https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/addcertreq/ has the details.