Re: [RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping

To: "'Jim W7RY'" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:38:21 -0400
Actually, you should always send a callsign correction.  Some of the CQ
contests are requiring this now in the rules, in reaction to some entrants
who clean their log post-contest by using outside databases or other
information not coming from the other station during the QSO.

So, even if the call is correct in your log, you need to transmit it at
least once as a confirmation of a valid QSO.

In practice, there is no back and forth.  Before you send your final TU/CQ
message, simply tap your 'His Call' message key if you don't have his call
already programmed into that QSL message.

Ed W0YK