[RTTY] FlexRadio now has dedicated RTTY mode

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FlexRadio now has dedicated RTTY mode
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:27:46 -0800
If anyone has thought about getting a new radio recently, perhaps you
should consider one of the FlexRadio Signature Series of Software
Defined Radios (SDR).  In a recent software upgrade, FlexRadio has
added a dedicated RTTY mode to their already excellent line of radios.
The main advantage of SDRs is of course, their panoramic display of
the spectrum, from as little as four kHz to the entire band and more,
and anything in between.   Many radios these days have some for of
panoramic display but having a full screen on a second monitor will
spoil you for anything else, I assure you.

Another advantage is the simplicity of interconnects to the computer.
Just one Ethernet cable. No more cables for audio, PTT, FSK, etc.
Nice!  You do need a thing called a 100/1000 BaseT Ethernet Switch if
you want to share a single Ethernet port on your computer with the
Internet. I got mine at WalMart for about $35.

There are three versions of the Signature Series, of which I have the
low-end one, model 6300. The main difference is the number of "slices"
or channels one can have active at the same time.  I have not operated
one of the higher-end ones but a SO2R op might want to look at their
capabilities.

http://www.flexradio.com/

Feel free to email me direct if you have any questions.  There is also
a discussion group at:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/

The usual disclaimers apply, no commercial interest, just a satisfied
customer.

73, Bill W6WRT
dezrat@Outlook.com