Re: [RTTY] FlexRadio now has dedicated RTTY mode

To: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FlexRadio now has dedicated RTTY mode
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:39:08 -0800

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:54:11 -0500, Michael wrote:

> My only complaint (as I do lots of
>S&P) is that if one is zoomed out to see a decent portion of the band, its
>difficult to see what is happening around the frequency one is tuned to. If
>zoomed in, one is constantly tuning beyond the range of the panadapter. To
>me, the best solution is to show, in addition to the current display,  a
>portion of spectrum right around the filter

REPLY:

Hi Michael:

Are you aware that you can have two panadaptors on screen at once?  In
the extreme lower left of the screen is an icon that looks like a
piece of spectrum with a + sign above it.  Click on that and you get a
second panadaptor, which you can set to a different amount of
spectrum.  You can make one very narrow and one very abroad.  Is that
what you are wanting?

You can even have them on different bands if you want.  I have not
tried this during a contest, but it might be a way to  monitor one
band for openings while working another band. This sounds like what
the SO2R boys do.  I normally only work SO1R, but I will be
experimenting with it..

Also, by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the "flag", you can
mute the audio on one or both of the panadaptors.

And I do like the idea of having the slice stay centered while the
background moves around with the VFO.  That'[s a great idea!!

This is best done of course, with a second monitor, especially when
you are running other programs such as logging or contesting.

73, Bill W6WRT