Re: [RTTY] My FT-950's RTTY power level admonition

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] My FT-950's RTTY power level admonition
From: Michael Rapp <mdrapp@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:58:35 -0600
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice...looks like it is decently okay for me to run 100
watts.  I'll add a temperature sensor to keep an eye on things, and
possibly an additional fan on the back to suck more air through the FT-950
to aid in cooling.

As an aside, I had no idea that sending RTTY with paddles was even a
thing!  It's both very cool and somewhat bizarre at the same time.   I
think I had one or two of those K3s work me as I remember some long string
of diddles at the end of some transmissions that perplexed me.

/*/-=[Michael / KT5MR]-=/*/